Workers who are exposed to dust and other contaminants are at risk of developing respiratory related diseases. This course will provide information that will enable employees to understand and prevent the hazards associated with dust, fumes, mists, and oxygen deficient and enriched atmospheres. Students will learn the types, proper selection, limitations, intended use, inspection, cleaning and storage of respirators. Participants will also learn about the anatomy and physiology of the respiratory system. Attendees will be presented with the elements to create a required OSHA respiratory plan. Note: Students will not wear a respirator in this class.
ASK ABOUT OUR PRIVATE CLASSES FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION
- OSHA Standard 29CFR 1910.134 Respiratory Protection
- The requirements needed to develop a written respiratory plan
- Respiratory hazards in the workplace
- Types of respirators and cartridges
- Anatomy/physiology of the respiratory system
- Proper methods of inspecting, cleaning, and storage of respirators
Who Should Attend:
Administrators and Safety and Health personnel who need to become familiar with OSHA respiratory requirements and employees who require respiratory awareness or refresher training.