OccuMed of New England offers various training courses at our corporate office. Public courses are uploaded onto our training calendar on www.occumedne.com/events-calendar/. These courses may be subject to cancellation/rescheduling. Students will be notified of rescheduling within one week of the start date of the class.
- This event has passed.
Annual HIPAA Compliance
July 31 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm$65
Annual HIPAA Compliance (1 Hour)
The goal of this course is to provide the means to comply with federal HIPAA Privacy and Security requirements, how to stay compliant with HIPAA guidelines on a daily basis, and to inform healthcare professionals of the consequences for non-compliance of these rules.
- Important HIPAA requirements for maintaining the Privacy and Security of Sensitive Information and Protected Health Information (PHI) within a healthcare facility.
- Analyze the components of the Privacy and Security rules.
- Distinguish Health Insurance Privacy and Portability Act (HIPAA) identifiers that create Protected Health Information (PHI).Interpret HIPAA risk of breaches.
- Analyze how HIPAA compliance breaches occur.
- Explain HIPAA non-compliance reporting of breaches.
- Compare and contrast the civil and criminal penalties for HIPAA violations.
- Advocate for patient’s rights to privacy of personal and medical information.